Monday, February 4, 2013

Student Dinner

For each course, we have a student dinner. You may remember Basic cuisine's went like this.

Well, Intermediate Cuisine was not that different. Except that we are SO much more knowledgeable and SO less innocent.

This time, we were expected to show up at the Eiffel Tower at 8pm as dinner would be served at 8:30pm in Restaurant 58. And in usual fashion, we showed up a few glasses of champagne and wine for the better. This pre-libation was necessary as the elevators in the Eiffel Tower are not my definition of a good time. I do not like heights or confined spaces, so my friendly champagne definitely was helping me.



When we got to the first floor of the Eiffel Tower, we entered 58 for a lovely night. If I'm being honest, the food was not that great. What was more exciting was being in the Eiffel Tower, seeing everyone dressed up and being all together for a fun night.

(Most of my kitchen group with the Chef. FYI The Chef is in the Red Scarf which is a scarf for Paris St. Germain, the soccer team. The tall blonde guy next to the chef is A, a Parisian student who is a big fan and the chef is always messing with him about them. However, on this Thursday, Beckham had just signed with Paris St. Germain aka a huge win for A and why the chef was being made to wear it.)

We had an amuse buche, a shrimp entree, lamb with creamed leeks and potato puree for the main, and a chocolate brownie-like cake for dessert. As well as glasses of red and white wine.

(the shrimp)

(dessert)


Unfortunately, one of the Pastry girls had a little too much free wine and ended up vomiting all over the stairs. It was pretty gross and embarrassing, but honestly, what do you expect when you invite pastry people? They can never hold their liquor.

(Great friends)

A big group of us ended up going out after to a bar of all leopard print sofas (I can't remember the name...) and then to Duplex, a classic skeezy Paris club. We danced all night and had a great time. At 6am when we all finally stumbled out of the club and got back to our respective apartments, my whole body hurt from so much dancing. Especially my neck as apparently, I like to whip my hair back and forth. BUT, I did make it in to cook the next day and plated very well.


Someone mentioned that our kitchen smelled a little stronger of alcohol than what we were cooking with...To them, I say, "No Comment."

But actually, it was Duplex we were at, not No Comment. No Comment was Saturday night for a different friend's birthday and equally fun.

So, that was Intermediate Cuisine's Student Dinner. I think we did ourselves proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment