Friday, March 22, 2013

Graduation: Intermediate

This past Wednesday (aka my 23rd Birthday), I graduated from Intermediate Cuisine!

No, my grades were not as high as they had been in Basic, but I was still above class average and I have a certificate, so I am happy!

A lot less of us showed up for Intermediate Graduation than showed up for Basic Graduation, but that was kind of nice because it took a lot less time.

After the ceremony, we got to go upstairs for free champagne, macaroons, little sandwiches, and other bites. I of course made the joke and thanked everyone for showing up for my little birthday get together. The champagne was on me, of course. You're welcome.

Anyways, that was about it. Most of the chefs for the school are travelling right now- at other schools around the world or promoting LCB Paris around the world or teaching the week-long classes the school sometimes ho.ds, so there were only 4 of them there for graduation, but I didn't mind. The chef who handed me my certificate, Chef Clergue, is the chef in charge of Superior Cuisine (the next step!) and the chef who was with me for the prior three days at Omnivore (post to come soon) and the chef who told me my farce was good for the final! So, it was nice to have someone who now knows me pretty well hand me that certificate.

Here are some pictures! There are a lot more on Facebook if you are interested in seeing more :)

(me and the chefs getting my certificate)


(From L-R: Pastry chef, Chef Cotte, Chef Caals (one of the chefs in charge of Intermediate), Chef Clergue, and the Academic Director of the School)


(The top three for Intermediate Cuisine: From L-R, #3, #1, #2. 1 & 2 are two of my best friends and I could not be prouder of both of them! I already knew they were that good, now everyone knows!!)

(Some of the girls at the free champagne and food part)




No comments:

Post a Comment