Monday, March 11, 2013

Some not So French French Eateries

You can only eat, cook, study French food for so long before all you want EVER is not.french.food.

So, I've been finding some nonfrenchfood places to enjoy.

First, Blues BBQ. A place so like America, that I had to go. In my message inviting people to join me at this American-style, American-owned Parisian BBQ place, I may have said the following:


So, you may have missed it, but this past monday was President's Day aka a day all about celebrating America's Presidents. (We're talking Gdubbs, Lincoln, Zachary Taylor, FDR and Obama. And holla at mah Georgia boy Jimmy Carter!!)
PLUS, Brittany and I have been craving BBQ like crazy pants and when you google "Paris Barbeque", you get this place in Bastille that is owned by Americans.
PLUS PLUS, there's this bar in roughly the same area called like the Scottish Pub where Brittany knows some of the American bartenders.
SO, Friday night after class get's out at 6:30pm, we (as in me and Brittany) are officially celebrating 'MERICA (f*ck yeah!) by eating PULLED PORK, drinking MILKSHAKES (and beer), and being super loud and annoying!
We would like ALL Y'ALL (aka everyone bc I'm sure I forgot to include someone in this message) to join us.
It was a great night.
I enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw and mac 'n cheese, 2 milkshakes, and a few glasses of beer (I am not a fan of beer usually, but we got pitchers. And you just can't get "pitchers" in Paris, so I just HAD to partake).
Here are some pictures of the adorable place:
(The owners are originally Texans)




2. Greek Traiteur: The other day while running with a friend to the doctor (we were worried she may have cut the tendon in her index finger. Luckily she did not) from school, we passed this tiny little Greek diner just around the corner from school.

We stopped. "We should totally eat here one day after class/in between classes," Then we started running to the doctor again.

Well, we were true to our word and after our written final, we went to eat lunch. 

It was delicious. I had the moussaka with roasted potatoes, baklava for dessert, and a glass of rose wine for 11 euros! It was a great change of pace. One of my friends ordered the hummus and it was good, middle-eastern style hummus that I haven't tasted since I was last in Israel 5 years ago.

We have added it as a must place for that quick bite in between classes.

(the counter)

(It's a pretty small place, but totally worth the squeezing!)


Make good choices,
Elyssa

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be checking out this Blues BBQ place! I know there's this "diner" thing at St Michel but I would love to check out a REAL American restaurant. I keep defending American food to my French boyfriend, they have a problem with it.
    Really enjoyed finding your blog :)

    ReplyDelete