Sunday, September 2, 2012

Views

Well, I made it. And it is beautiful- more beautiful than I could have asked. My apartment is cuter (and smaller!)than I imagined it would be. There is a bakery, market, and laundromat (yay chef's whites!) across the street. A bar below me and a grocery story half a block away. Not to mention the numerous cafe's, hotels, and boutiques that I can see from my HUGE windows. (I have pictures, but blogger won't let me upload them right now.) I've also already learned a few things before class has even started. 1. Check to make sure that your debit card didn't expire two days ago. It makes getting euro cash money very difficult. I am still working on this. 2. Don't count on wireless access being accessible. Still working on this. (I am currently in a Starbucks- don't judge me, I had to tell my family that I had arrived!) 3. Get a French phone before coming to France. Guess what, I am still working on this. 4. Don't make your French land-lady wake up at 7am on Sunday to let you in to your apartment. I'm working to get back into her good graces. 5. Like with life, if you keep moving forward, you do just fine. You'll Be just fine. My dry run to get to Le Cordon Bleu went as smoothly as possible and I can't wait to walk through the doors tomorrow. I once again took a picture, but alas blogger. Now to just finish researching all of the errands I need to run tomorrow, get in some social media time, and walk the 45mins home from the school. Then starts operation get to know my local shop keepers (gtkmlsk? I need a new operation name- ill take suggestions) and enjoying my first night here in the city of love. My current make-out siting count is at 3 after just 3 hours of walking about the city. At least they're all attractive. A demain,

No comments:

Post a Comment